Maximise the benefits you can reap this Ramadān! Feel different and reach new spiritual heights. Spend 10 Sundays with us phyisically, mentally and spiritually preparing for this blessed month. (Sundays 9.00am – 12.00pm – Sisters Only)
Students will study Qur’anic Studies, spirituality, Tai-Chi and the fiqh of fasting and charity.
Only want to study Qur’anic Studies? Click here
Only want to take Tai-Chi? Click here
What is message contained in this book of guidance? How was the Qur’an, its interpretation, and modes of recitations preserved? How can one experience the literary miracle of the Qur’an? The Qur’an is the main textual source, and utimately all other Islamic sciences developed to understand the Qur’an. Students will appreciate the beauty of the Qur’an and the role it plays in the life of a Muslim for practical guidance and inspiration. As part of the course students will also study various surahs to understand the deeper meanings of what it means to live life as a Muslim following Qur’anic guidance.
Improve concentration during dhikr, salat and reciting the Qur’an with Tai Chi. It is an excellent and holistic system of training for health and general wellbeing. It has been proven to:
- Increase energy levels
- Maintain or increase flexibility, strength and vitality
- Improve posture, coordination and balance
- Develop an ability to meditate, relax and let go of tension
- Help deal with stress and depression
- Develop skills for self defence
Fiqh of Fasting and Charity & Spirituality
Ensure your acts of worship are valid and develop in spirituality – with a special focus on women’s issues among others:
- Menses and Fasting
- Menses and the last ten nights
- Pregnancy and fasting
- Breastfeeding and fasting
- Exams and fasting
- Fasting beginning times
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- understand the function of Ramadān;
- develop a stronger relationship with the month and the Qur’an;
- be physically, mentally, and spiritually prepared;
- break habits that hinder one’s spiritual development.
- n/a – every sister 18+ is welcome
- 22nd (Only 10-11.15am) and 29th January
- Every Sunday in February
- Every Sunday March
- 2nd April
- Walthamstow School for Girls, a couple of minutes’ walk from Walthamstow Market.
- £100 – payment to be made by 15th January 2016. (***Early bird discount £5 off if you enrol by 18th December)
- Enrolment in Person is on Sunday 18/12/2017 at 9.30am. (full details upon registering)
Students will be given handouts/ course material and readings after enrolling.